Last Updated: July 10, 2015
At Dishly, LLC (“Dishly”), we take your privacy seriously. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with Dishly’s Services (as defined in Dishly’s Terms of Service
rule, but parents are welcome to use the app to look for dishes for their children.
We know you don’t like to read long legal documents, so here is the most important information you need to know:
- We will not spam you
- We will not sell, rent or give away your non-public personal information, including your email address and your dietary preferences to anyone, except if mandated by law or if you take an action that requires us to share it (e.g. if you reserve a restaurant through Dishly we will give it your name, but not your dietary information)
- We will protect the information you give us as well as we can, but no one is completely hack-proof (Target, Sony, the White House, etc… are not either).
- We ask you to use your real name, and you understand that any review information (ratings, review text and photos) that you upload will be shared publicly with your name.
- Your dietary information, and in particular your Dislikes&allergies will never be shared in connection with your name or identity, even to your friends. However, they might be able to infer it based on the dishes recommended by Dishly for you.
What Personal Information Does Dishly Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter, Facebook, FourSquare, Instagram and/or other platforms’ usernames, location, use information regarding your use of our Services, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see (including Dishly or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with your email (and optionally a phone number) and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. Information you provide to one of our Services may be used with other Services you or your friends use. For example, location information we receive in connection with your use of one of our apps may be used to customize the content you and your friends see in another of our apps. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
How is My Information Shared?
- Friends and Followers:
- Friends on Dishly: Your friends can see, for example, your name, email, phone number, profile photo, hometown, links to your Twitter and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your Dishly account), a list of your friends, photos you post, and reviews you write.
- Followers and people you follow on Dishly: Followers can see your publicly available information and you can see the publicly available information of users you follow, as described below (under “Publicly Available Information”).
- Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in comments, reviews or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
- Businesses and Locations: One of the key purposes of the Services is to help users learn about businesses, locations that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified data about places that its followers visit (that is, not tied to individual users).
- Publicly Available Information: When you use the Services, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, reviews, likes, saves, public photos, lists that you create and save, tastes, and lists of friends and/or followers, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified review data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users you may follow for analytical or other purposes.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
Determining and Sharing Location
Determining your location – The Services deal with location, so in order to work, the Services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device or go to one of our Sites, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services experience to your current location (i.e., we’ll show you a list of nearby locations, friends and reviews). This information is NOT shared with others. Also, the Services use your mobile device’s ‘background location’ to provide the Services, including to send you notifications of friends/dishes etc. near you. If you have ‘background location’ turned on, the Dishly app will, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the application.
Sharing Location with the Dishly app – Your real-time location is not shared on the Dishly app. If you write a review, like or otherwise interact with a place, users may infer that you have been to that location. Some content, like reviews, are time stamped and other users could use that information to infer when you were at a place even though reviews can be posted after you’ve left the place you are leaving a tip about.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Dishly and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. In other situations, Dishly provides services, or sells items jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If Dishly or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Dishly goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Dishly and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Dishly, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Dishly account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Dishly endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Dishly cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Sites or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Dishly allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the user profile page or other relevant pages. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo, bio)
- Usage information (for example, ratings, reviews and search history)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email email@example.com.
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Services account, you may do so by clicking on the “delete account” link on your account settings page. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your reviews, activity, and preferences, will be removed from the site and deleted from Dishly’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Dishly, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for a reasonable period of time.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
You can remove/change content or information that you have posted on the Services on your account and profile through the Services or you can ask us to remove it by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to one year prior to being deleted from our servers.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.